Plugin jQuery Easy is a free extension for joomla. Plugin jQuery Easy is meant to clean and prepare front and back end for the use of jQuery, alongside the Mootools libraries.
Demo Plugin jQuery Easy:
What it does out-of-the box?
– Calls jQuery and jQuery UI libraries from the Google CDN (with or without protocol) – but you can do it locally as well.
YOU MAY BE REQUIRED TO ADD THE SUBVERSION NUMBER MANUALLY AS GOOGLE HAS STOPPED AUTOMATIC LOADING OF THE LATEST VERSION
– Places jQuery libraries after MooTools calls for perfect compatibility.
– Adds the noConflict() code alongside the jQuery library call.
– Strips out extra jQuery and jQuery UI libraries, including the noConflict() calls added by other modules or plugins.
– Lets you choose jQuery UI basic styling or custom theme.
What you can tweak?
– Disable MooTools libraries tentatively in the frontend.
– Enable or disable the plugin in specific portions of the site, from template to single page.
– Use reporting to get feedback on what the plugin engine has done.
– Add or remove scripts and stylesheets.
– Strip blank lines left by the modifications made to the page.
– Prevent some libraries to be stripped out.
– Modify the way the engine works by default (do not add or remove noConflict() code…).
Solving remaining issues
Although jQuery Easy can solve a certain number of jQuery issues (code conflicts, multiple jQuery libraries load, wrong order calls…), some problems can still occur.
These problems can come from different sources:
– Some components installed are not compatible with the version of jQuery set through the plugin (but work under another specific version of jQuery),
– There are conflicts with MooTools still. Using the jQuery.noConflict(); statement is not enough by itself, some jQuery code may need to be modified.
Download Plugin jQuery Easy: